Friday, September 26, 2008

My next door neighbor is an idiot. That doesn't make me an expert on Sarah Palin

I'm sorry, but what the fuck is she saying??? Sarah Palin isn't speaking English anymore, as far as I can tell.

This is the best bit (or the worst bit, depending on your perspective):



Couric: Explain to me why that [the proximity of Alaska to Russia] enhances your foreign policy credentials.

Palin: Well, it certainly does, because our, our next-door neighbours are foreign countries, they're in the state that I am the Executive of...


Palin: As Putin rears his head and comes into the airspace of the United States of America, where, where do they go? It's Alaska, it's just right over the border. It is from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there, they are right next to, ah, um, to our state.


Oh.my.god. This is worse than the Charlie Gibson interview! In what respect, Charlie?

And oh.my.even.more.god. This woman is actually less coherent than George W Bush. How is this even possible?

There are some great comments on the CNN Political Ticker about this part of the interview. Here are some of my favourites:

Mary: I don't even know what to say. My husband said, "no wonder they are hiding her".

brian mac: Are you kidding me? Are these her actual comments? It appears that this woman has been coached to such an extent that she can no longer communicate in English.

j.e. browne: If there was EVER any doubt that she is completely unprepared to govern anything, read the transcript of this interview. She can't find an intelligible sentence with a map and three flashlights.

Donna: Please be aware that Palin could not even answer these questions without note cards, to which she repeatedly had to refer. And she continues to duck questions–she was asked if she had engaged in negotiations with Russia and said "we have trade missions." Was she ever involved in them? Did they have anything to do with politics? Sarah Palin is frighteningly unqualified.

whoiswhere: please...please...this is some kind of joke right? oh god!

White person in Virginia: Palin's response sounded like one that a highschool student would give. This woman is scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Alaskan - Current Texan: Did I really just read that pathetic drival from Sarah Palin? Honestly, a high school kid could put together a better statement than that. This woman has NO IDEA, I repeat NO IDEA, what foreign policy experience even is.

Sally from Cali: “It is from Alaska that we send THOSE out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to our state." "Those"? Those what? Spy planes, polar bears, welcome wagons? What?

juniebug: Oh, my goodness! It's Sarah Palin who is Bush II. Like him, she stumbles and is incoherent when she speaks, uses destructive syntax, and tries to obfuscate when she doesn't know what she's talking about. Add to that the fact that she was a mediocre college student, is a governor of an oil-producing state, disavows global warming, favors secrecy, and has the audacity to think she can be second-in-command of our country with so little experience in world affairs. It's Bush all over again.

Peg, Canada: As with the ABC interview I'm left speechless after watching.

Frank: My next door neighbor is an idiot. That doesn't make me an expert on Sarah Palin.

DFoster GA: Who would want this dummy to lead them? I don't want such an idiot close to the White House lawn let alone the oval office. How in the world did she get elected to any office at all? What was she running against in Alaska... a moose? Maybe a dead moose, because if it was breathing, give me the moose.

Minnesota Mom: Wow! Her communication skills are really bad for having majored in Journalism. What exactly is she TRYING to say here?

rm: OMG!!! I actually felt bad for Palin in that interview with Couric. She is way in over her head. McCain should suspend his campaign until November 5th...

Matt: When you believe the Earth is 6,000 years old, when you believe witches are a personal threat to you, and when you believe that being mayor of a small town qualifies you to be president of the United States, I suppose it's not a huge leap to believe that living a thousand miles from an uninhabited corner of Siberia gives you foreign policy expertise.

Danielle: "You know, I've realized that I really need to spend more time being the govenor and caring for my young children, particularly giving much of my attention to baby Trig. So, I've decided to resign from the position of the republican vp." Then you can just fade right back into Alaska, and keep the shred of dignity you have left.

Peachy Keen: Please oh please oh please, just go away. I was raised in Washington State, 80 miles from the Canadian border. I think I'll run for President. After all, I know how to spell the word Canada.

Freddie Wills: I would like to hear from Palin herself and not a spoke person, just because a state border a foregin Country does not mean that the Govner of the State know foregin policy. Palin has the looks of a pretty woman but this is not a pegant this is for the number two spot of the USA. show boating will not blind side me with a vote for Palin and McCain. As a former police office, a miltary vet and a scoocer dad, who are looking to put my child through college, I need more to cast my vote, it look like Obama will get my vote.

NPA: I really understand what Sarah Pallin means. I am from Florida, which is right across from Cuba, the Bahamas, Haiti, The Dominican Republic; plus Florida shares the Golf of Mexico with many other countries. All of these countries are a closer distance to Florida than the distance between Florida and California, or Boston, or Michigan, etc. So, not that i want to be VP or anything, but I have more international experience than Pallin as far as proximity to other countries go. Oh, I forgot Venezuela.

Shay: What an idiot. I've never seen anyone so politically stupid in my life AND for it to be so obvious. No wonder why they're covering her up from the media and reporters. And I thought Bush was stupid... she makes Bush look like a genius.

Sacto Joe: Holy mackerel. And this person is an old, tired, cancer-ridden man's heartbeat from being PRESIDENT???!!!! People, you need to do some serious thinking about supporting the McCain/Palin ticket. Do you REALLY want to role them dice?

dg: By her logic, the governors of Washington, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California also have "foreign policy experience".

steve: Reading what this woman says makes my hair hurt.


Technorati tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give the women a break. She had a brain freeze. Remember it is cold in Alaska.