Monday, March 12, 2007

Swiss invade country by mistake

Oh yes I know this news is days old now - but I just read it today in my Guardian Weekly and it tickled me so much I had to include it in my blog.

A company of 170 soldiers on a night training exercise in neutral Switzerland accidentally "invaded" Liechtenstein when they became lost and crossed the unmarked border. They retreated quickly on realising their mistake after an advance of 1.66km.

Classic.

Perhaps, as Ross commented when I read it out to him - perhaps that's what the US is doing! They accidentally invaded Iraq when someone put their foot too hard on the gas pedal of a Hummer and inadvertantly crossed the border! Maybe they'll all come back once they realise their mistake!

Ah - if only....

Technorati tags: , , , , , , , .

0 comments: