Monday, September 11, 2006

Response from TVNZ to my Path to 9/11 complaint

Graphic by bushwatch.comI heard back from TVNZ today about the (extremely detailed) complaint I made on Friday. My complaint was about what I feel was misleading promotion for The Path to 9/11. You can read it here - The controversy of The Path to 9/11.

Basically I asked them to change their promos so that they no longer claim the mini-series is "the shocking true story" when even ABC has admitted it isn't; to put a disclaimer before and after each of the two parts; and to reconsider even showing it at all.

Anyway, I was most excited to see a reply from TVNZ in my in-box this morning. Until I opened and read it, that is...

To: webweaver
From: ViewerCorrespondence@tvnz.co.nz
Subject: RE: Complaint - A Programme - The Path to 9/11

Hi webweaver,

We did add a disclaimer.

Thanks for your email.

Kind regards

Lesley Rowe
Viewer Correspondent
Public Affairs

That's it??? After all my research and hours spent carefully crafting my complaint, all you've got is "ner ner ner-ner ner - we did add a disclaimer! So there!"

Well crappity crap. So I sent this reply back to them:

To: ViewerCorrespondence@tvnz.co.nz
From: webweaver
Subject: RE:RE: Complaint - A Programme - The Path to 9/11

Hi Lesley,

Yes you did - I noticed. Thank you. So could I ask why you
continued to promote it as "the shocking truth", when it
quite clearly isn't.

Not good enough, I'm afraid. I'll be making a formal
complaint to the Broadcasting Standards Authority - both
about the promotion and the mini-series itself. I don't
think I'll be the only one, either.

:)webweaver

Right back atcha Lesley!

I wonder if the extreme - uh - brevity of her reply was because she had another eleventy hundred Path to 9/11 complaints to deal with this morning? Hope so.

Technorati tags: , , , , , , .

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup, got almost word for word same response to my complaint.

I suspect they were dealing with a LOT of complaints..

Mike