Saturday, September 22, 2007

Running for the bus

I ran at full speed down Willis Street towards the bus stop, trying to catch up with my bus which had overtaken me almost a block earlier. If I was lucky, there'd be enough people getting on for me to get to the stop in time.

I was 10m away when the last person got on - and almost within reach of the doors as the bus pulled away, leaving me gasping (and swearing) in its wake.

I sat down heavily on the bench. Bollocks! Half an hour until the next bus at this time of the evening! I hate it when I miss it by only a few seconds...

"Oy! Hey you! Jump on!"

"Who me?" I asked the lady bus driver who had just pulled up in front of me.

"Come on - we'll catch them at the next stop," she said, as she radioed through to the driver of my bus to make sure she waited for me.

At the next stop I jumped off bus #2 and onto bus #1. Hooray! In 15 minutes I was home.

Thanks Mrs Lady Bus Driver!

Technorati tags: , , , , , , .

5 comments:

missdeuxmont said...

Oh Ali I hate grumpy bus drivers like that. They seem to forget what their job is...


You were very lucky to have been picked up by a sympathetic driver! Yay for her!

:)

Reed said...

yeah... stuff like that keeps happening to me since coming here

it's not what I'm used to

webweaver said...

Heh. It's great eh?

Don't you love the way everyone says "thank you" when they get off the bus? Isn't that so lovely?

Rajiv Thind said...

That's the mark and the hallmark of world's most politically correct country.

Anyhoo, I liked your page. It's good to see someone from EnZee attracting so much internet traffic. Nice blog. Though I failed to get cloud tags and stuff. But well...

I wish you a nice and windy Sunday.

webweaver said...

Heehee! Thanks Ember!

I'm having a nice and windy - and sitting-in-the-clouds sort of a Sunday...