Monday, June 04, 2007

Oh gawd, what shall I write about today?

I'm working on writing more in my blog - I did pretty well in May, and I want to keep it up. Thing is, sometimes I just don't have anything particularly exciting or world-shattering to say. The conversation in my head goes something like this:

"Shall I do a "dear diary" type piece today instead then? But who wants to read that stuff anyway?"

"Well, I guess my friends around the world who pop in from time to time to see how I'm doing, might like it."

"Yeah guess so. It's hardly going to get me bazillions more dedicated readers though, is it?"

"Oh - is that why you're keeping this blog then? I thought it was for the love of writing... Fame gone to your head now has it?"

"Well no, I'm hardly famous - not by a million miles..."

"But you really liked it when all those thousands of people came to read about the first Wii fatality though, didn't you?

"Yes, but..."

"And what about those visitors from all around the world who came for your impressions of the Roger Waters concert? You liked that, didn't you???"

"Well yes but I..."

"And what about the dedicated members of the ClayNation who come and see what you've written whenever you mention our Teevy boyfriend? You're thinking about writing something new for them, aren't you?"

"Yes - well, I have been feeling a bit guilty about my current MIA status within the ClayNation and I was thinking of..."

"I see you sneaking peeks at your Technorati ranking, and your visitor stats, and your Google Analytics and all that stuff you know. I'm in your head, remember, how can I avoid it?"

"OK, you got me - I confess that I do look at the stats pretty often. But what I like most is when I write something I'm really proud of - and/or when someone takes the time to write me a comment, and/or when they think what I've written is worth linking to. That makes me really happy. Anything else is just icing on the (blog's birthday) cake. Know what I mean?"

"Yeah I know. And hey - look at that - you've written a whole page already! Now that wasn't so hard, was it? Sometimes writing regularly means writing through the days when you don't have much to say - as well as the days when you do."

"Cool. Thanks. Nowgetoutofmyhead."

Technorati tags: , , , , , , , , , , .

0 comments: