Thursday, May 10, 2007

Blair is quitting - AT LAST!!!

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, Tony!

Steve Bell cartoon.
Or, as Steve Bell put it in this Guardian cartoon - "He focused too much on spin".

From the Guardian - Blair tells cabinet he will quit.

Actually, I think Steve's being far too kind. I have nothing remotely good to say to Tony Blair as he prepares to announce his step-down as Prime Minister.

As far as I'm concerned, Mister Blair, you're a traitor and a lying scumbag. You took your country into an illegal, immoral, unwinnable war, which most people in the UK (and most of your MPs) disapproved of. You supported Bush in his evangelical crusade, and illegally invaded (and continue to occupy) a nation that had done absolutely nothing to deserve it. You are a piece of shit, and about as far from my idea of a Labour politician as I can imagine.

If I still lived in the UK, you would have got my vote one time (the first time), and one time only. Never again! I despise you more than I despised Maggie Thatcher (and that's saying something - I hated her!) because, unlike Maggie, you were supposed to be one of the good guys, you were supposed to be on our side.

How you ended up in bed with George W I have absolutely no idea. What I do know is that your little liaison with "Commander guy" has cost you dear in the eyes of your countrymen and in the eyes of the world. We see you as little more than a lapdog of the Bush regime, and a pretty pathetic one at that. We can't stand you, and we wish both you and The Decider would get the fuck out of things that don't concern you. That's your "historical legacy", matey - better get used to it.

Time to leave, Tony. You've been in power at least 9 years too long. Go away.

Think I'll go dance in the streets.

The long decline - Tony Blair's popularity

Technorati tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

0 comments: