Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Scrabulous is fabulous!

Jeffrey's got me hooked on Scrabulous - and it took about 5 seconds...

The other day when we still in Sydney and we were completely wasted, I seem to remember Jeffrey telling me about Scrabulous - the Facebook Scrabble app. I was so tired I wasn't really paying attention, and I just remember him enthusing about it and me going "uh huh..... mmmm... yeah" and not taking any of it in.

But it must have stuck because today (or was it yesterday?) I remembered. I checked out his Facebook profile and saw that he'd started a game with me - so I though I'd better take part...

We've been playing all day, and we've nearly finished our first game. I'm in the lead, but I'm not counting my chickens until the final tile goes down. You never know, he might put down some crazy combination of tiles right at the end.

I found myself checking regularly today to see if he'd made his move - I was hooked pretty much immediately. I love Scrabble in RL, so this is great! We've been messaging wall-to-wall about our moves this evening, which is another aspect of Facebook I hadn't used before. I'm such a Facebook novice :)

I've worn him out now, so we'll finish the game tomorrow. I've decided: Scrabulous is fabulous!

Technorati tags: , , , , .

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey webweaver - scrabulous does indeed sound fabulous... may be a reason to join facebook???

Hope you aren't being too hard on young Jeffery - I know you're pretty mean at scrabble in RL!

PJ

BTW - it was great working with you on the weekend, you were awesome.

webweaver said...

Oh you should definitely join Facebook - it's fun! - and Scrabulous rules!

I am being VERY mean to Jeffrey - I kicked his ass in the first game. Now he has to kick mine...

And as for working together at the weekend - you were AWESOME too. Your writing was nigh-on perfect - I think you did a brilliant job. I was so happy you were on the team - from both a personal and professional perspective.

Me - well, I didn't feel I did anything special at all really - tried not to get in people's way? Was that a good thing? I wish I'd been able to make more of a contribution...

It was great, though, wasn't it??

Anonymous said...

Well I think you did a lot more than you were probably aware of. Not just the heaps of work stuff you helped out with, but also your personal warmth and consideration which the client really responded to, and the team benefited from overall,

And yeah, FCP was great. I've been boring people silly raving about since we came back!

PJ

webweaver said...

awww thanks PJ - you're sweet!

Jack said...

scrabulous!!! ahhhh we have to start another game this one is almost finished!!

webweaver said...

you kicked my ass, dude!

OK - take three...

matthew christopher davidson said...

The Scrabulous website is a little better, I think. You can play in realtime with people who are actually online and not have to wait until your friend logs in again to make a move. Plus in the Scrabble Java app you can actually type the letters for your words in. COOL.

webweaver said...

Thanks, Matthew - I'll check it out!