Monday, October 02, 2006

Caring at a distance

Gosh, I can't believe it's been a week since my last blog post. Forgive me!

It's been a very distracted week for me, I'm afraid. My mum is quite unwell, and it's been weighing heavily on my mind. It's tough when people you care about are on the other side of the world. However far apart we are (in all meanings of that phrase), she's still my mum, and I love her.

It looks like she's had a bad reaction to some of the meds she's on, so her doctors have taken her off them and we'll just have to see how it goes. My sister's doing a great job taking care of practical stuff, and we're in constant contact, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to do anything I can to help her and mum.

So in honour of - whatever you like - here's a cute and funny little animation to fill up this post. It has nothing to do with anything else, I just like it and I wanted to put it on my blog somewhere - so today's the day!

I have some great big thoughts in my head about a whole lot of stuff that's happened over the past week - both political and otherwise - so I hope I'll get to it before the week is through. Watch out for my upcoming post on boiling the frog. Should be a good one - the words have been forming themselves into sentences in my head for a few days now!

Technorati tags: , , , oh, and, :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your mum, I am sure she will get better soon. x