Thursday, August 17, 2006

Clay Aiken - Without You

Clay Aiken - A Thousand Different Ways - possible album cover. As akcanuck commented on Clay's MySpace page today:

Dude.

Wow.

That was just......

Whoa.

My feelings exactly.

We found out today that Clay's first single from his upcoming album A Thousand Different Ways will be the classic Nilsson song, Without You.

Go take a listen to it on Clay's MySpace page. It's an absolute stunner. IMO, this is Clay's best studio recording ever. His voice is front and centre, the orchestration is beautiful, and the production is flawless.

But it's Clay's immaculate voice and the pure, raw emotion that flows through it which just blew me away.

I'm not the kind of person who normally listens to the same song over and over, but this morning, when I heard it for the first time, I just couldn't stop replaying it. He wails! His voice breaks! Your heart breaks...

I can see a whole new generation of teenagers falling in love with this song and forever including it as a stand-out moment in the soundtrack of their lives. Amazing.

* Sigh * - my teevy boyfriend truly has a once-in-a-generation voice :)

Useful Links

Technorati tags: , , , , , , .

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more, Ali!
We are going to be blown away by ATDW - it's so hard waiting, isn't it?
Fran