Friday, July 14, 2006

I did it!

w00t! I got my hair cut and highlighted today! And it wasn't nearly as terrifying as I'd thought it might be. Funny how you can build something up in your mind until it appears entirely different to how it really is.

I used to get my hair cut and coloured in such crazy styles all the time - but I've been in a hair-rut for a good few years now - not somewhere I've ever been before - and oh boy! Does it feel good to have finally got myself out of it!

Do you know I started growing my hair long for a guy (hi Marcus!) over thirteen years ago (because he told me he loved long hair on girls) - and it's taken me until now to realise that the person I should really be doing my hair for - is me. Silly girl!

I felt really shy going back into work with my new 'do after lunch - but everyone said nice things, so there you go. April reckons if guys don't like a new hair style then they just don't say anything, so I think I'm OK! Heh. It's truly amazing how good a new haircut can make you feel.

Alice is taking me shopping on Saturday so she can give me the whole What Not To Wear treatment, so I'll be all GORGEOUS for my birthday on Monday. Woohoo!

Technorati tags: , , .

1 comments:

Jannet said...

You're askeered of getting your hair cut? How funny. Geez, I want to get mine chopped off and now! But I know sometimes, if it's been awhile, it can be a leap of faith. Take a deep breath and show us pics after ok? I know you'll be beautiful.